Saturday, 20 September 2014
Bit of a different post today as I wanted to show you all the kitchen we've been working on for months! After hours and hours of planning and designing, it has been by far the hardest room to complete because of all the different requirements that it needed, e.g. electrics, plumbing, plastering etc but it is definitely the most rewarding! Having a bf who absolutely loves cooking, we had to cater to his needs of space and storage but also to my brief of contemporary and minimalism.
Luckily our space is more than enough for the both of us and we've even managed to squeeze in a table and 4 chairs :)
The decision to go with a Ikea was easy - we were looking for a stylish kitchen at a budget. Here are a few things to watch out for if you're planning to get an Ikea kitchen too.
1. They don't any space at the back of their cabinets for pipework.
2. That planning and design tool on the website will drive you crazy so be prepared to be patience.
3. Book a time slot for a kitchen consultation if you don't know where to start and be prepared with measurements.
4. With the amount of choice and the ability to mix & match, you can spends months designing and redesigning every little detail so make decisions and stick to them.
5. Buy your appliances elsewhere.
6. Ordering your kitchen will take hours at the store. So I wouldn't go at the weekends.
7. The delivery will consist of LOADS & LOADS of boxes (mine came to 86) So prepare an empty space and have your stanley knife ready!
8. If you chose custom worktops, get them delivered in separate pieces so that they can be scribed and joined on site.
9. The cabinet legs are made out of plastic and slots together like lego. First impressions wasn't very reassuring but they do actually hold the whole thing up.
10. You'd think you don't need the soft close door handles, but you will.
So here's a timeline of the whole project from start to finish!
Firstly, we ripped out the whole kitchen - absolute dust everywhere!
Plastering - This took days to dry
Painting - our least favourite part
Delivery - box overload
Construction - this only took 1 day to build the whole kitchen!
Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Jacket: Primark, Top: Primark, Shorts: Primark, Bag: New Look, Shoes: New Look, Sunglasses: H&MAs I mentioned in my previous post, I've been styling up this amazing silver New Look backpack to giveaway to one of you. Here I paired it with my usual Primark suspects, including this staple £3 white tee and my faux leather shorts - pretty laid back as I was running errands around town and catching up with friends, so this backpack came in handy to stuff everything in!
Hope you're all having a lovely week! I didn't get to go to LFW this season so I'm spending the whole of tonight catching up on everyone's YT and blog posts! and don't forget to enter below if you fancy winning this New Look bag! xx
a Rafflecopter giveaway
shop the look
Sunday, 14 September 2014
Bag: New LookI just wanted to do a little giveaway because I reached 1k followers on Bloglovin the other day and I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone new and old who have ever read my blog, and have open up my little space on the internet. For you 1k may not seem a lot or 1k may seem like so many, but to me it's ... still pretty damn cool to even have 1 person read my rambles!
For the giveaway I picked this New Look silver backpack because I recently bought one for myself and I absolutely lovee it! I've already snapped a few outfits with this bag so stay tuned if you're abit unsure how to work it into your wardrobe!
To enter all you need to do is complete the rafflecopter below, and I'll pick a winner after I get back from my 2 week holibobs in Hong Kong & Thailand! xx
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Dress: Hong Kong, Shoes: Office, Watch: Daniel Wellington*
The best thing about having friends in Hong Kong - is that they send the best presents over! Along with a ton of food goodies, I unwrapped this gorgeous blue dress with the cutest white collar detail! Completely unexpected and super super happy I threw it on with these black sandals from Office I had on at the time and asked Simon to take some snaps whilst the sun was out.
Unfortunately I have no idea where this is from so I've found some similar pieces down below for you instead! Hope you're all having a lovely week so far! xxshop the look