| SO HOW MUCH DO INVISALIGNS COST?
I’m almost 3 weeks into my Invisalign treatment, and this was the first question I always asked when I was doing my research.
| MY TEETH STORY
Just a little background into my teeth
- I had braces when I was a teenager
- Had them on for roughly a year and a half
- Did the obvious teenager thing, and didn’t wear my retainer after
- So my teeth have moved – not completely back to how it was, but not straight anymore
- My bottom set of teeth are much better than my top, and needs less work on them
- I have a slight overjet which I wanted to fix (this is when your top jaw sticks out further than your bottom jaw)
| GET SEVERAL QUOTES
When I was doing my research, I read and watch tons of blogs, articles and youtube videos of people who had them done before, so I prepared a list of questions that I wanted to ask my dentist
Bear in mind, you don’t have to use your regular dentist. I arranged 3 different consultations with 3 different practices around Manchester.
And I asked them all the same questions.
- The process
- What’s included
- The after care
From that, I was able to tell who knew their stuff, and who didn’t
As a general rule of thumb, I was expecting quotes between £2500 – £4500
SMILE STYLIST INSIDE HOUSE OF FRASER – DEANSGATE MANCHESTER
I found this place on Twitter, because Michelle Keegan had retweeted them about the amazing job they did on her teeth (apparently she even wore her Invisaligns on her wedding day!)
They quoted me £3160 for an 18 month plan
OASIS DENTAL CARE – ST ANN’S SQ MANCHESTER
This dentist is actually next door to my usual dentist, so I thought I would get quotes from both of them at the same time
They quoted me £3200 for an 18 month plan
BUPA DENTAL CARE – ST ANN’S SQ MANCHESTER
Bupa is my regular dentist, that I go to every 6 months.
They quoted me £3696 for a 14 month plan
Also all 3 clinics offered 12 month 0% interest free payment plans
| WHO DID I GO WITH?
So after all that, I decided to go with my regular dentist at Bupa
Even though they were the most expensive, they were the ones I felt most comfortable with – and that was one of the most important factors for me
It’s an expensive job and it’s going to effect how I look, so I needed to be able to trust that person and know that they are good at what they do
The guys at Smile Stylist were also really great too, but all they do at their clinic were mainly Invisalign treatments, so if I needed to go and have a hygienic treatment, or a regular check up – I would have had to go back to my usual dentist anyway
So if you’re looking to start Invisaligns, I wouldn’t just ask the question, how much do Invisaligns cost?
But I would also ask yourself,
- Are you committed to wearing these for 22 hours a day
- Can you imagine taking these braces out approx 4 times a day, and brushing your teeth 4 times a day
- Not only do I brush my teeth, I also brush my braces too
- You only get one set to last you every fortnight, so can you keep them safe and not lose them
I hope this has post help you out in someway!
I plan to make an Invisalign update every quater, just so I can feedback to you if it’s actually working or not! x